Training and education events
We occasionally organise training and education events. See below for the next NAHH training and education event.
Please note, if you are a member of NAHH and are looking for downloadable workshop materials from a particular training and education event, please visit the members only area dedicated to these resources via the “Past training and education events” link below.
Health Care Assistant (HCA) Workshop “How Best to Care”
Registration is now open!
(Currently available to Members only)
In response to an NAHH survey, we are delighted to announce that NAHH are organising a HCA workshop entitled “How Best to Care” that will be delivered across three locations with only thirty spaces available on each.
Dates and Locations:
- Tuesday 22 May – Sue Ryder Hospice, Leckhampton, Gloucestershire
- Tuesday 26 June – Imber Court, Esher, Surrey (on behalf of Princess Alice Hospice)
- Tuesday 3 July – Douglas MacMillan Hospice, North Staffordshire
Workshop Title: “How Best to Care”
Cost: £70.00 (including lunch, refreshments and attendance certificate)
Time: 09:30 – 16:30 *
- What do the words mean? Interactive quiz clarifying some of the commonly used phrases
- How, what and when to assess
- Recognising dying - last 48hrs and HCA role
- Important conversations - what they are and how to have them
- Looking after ourselves - Discussion around cost of caring, strategies and simple mindfulness exercise
* Subject to change
Please note: Places are limited to 30 spaces per workshop. Registration will be extended beyond the NAHH Members list in mid-February