Terms and conditions
Last updated April 11, 2013
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully (“Terms”). These Terms apply to your access and use of our (the National Association for Hospice at Home, the “Association”) website (located at www.nahh.org.uk, the "Website").
If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use our Website.
Information about us
The Website is owned and operated by the Association.
Accessing the Website
The Website provides users with information about the Association and services providing hospice care at home. The Website is provided for your own personal use. You may not:
- transfer, sublicense, lease, lend, rent or otherwise distribute any aspect of the Website to any third party;
- decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works of the Website;
- deliberately attack, damage or disrupt any part of the Website, its technical delivery systems, or its community of users;
- copy, frame or reproduce any designs, logo, text or other proprietary information related to the Website, without our express written consent from the Association;
- misrepresent the Association or portray the Association in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner through any hyperlinks you create to the Website;
- use the Website in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner that is inconsistent with these Terms.
We reserve the right to investigate violations of any of the above and/or involve law enforcement authorities.
If you violate these Terms, we may at our discretion issue you a warning or terminate your access to the Website, without any liability on our part. Any termination of your account will not affect your obligations under these Terms.
The information published on the Website should not be considered medical or nursing advice and is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical or nursing professional. The Association will not answer specific medical or nursing questions submitted via the Website.
The Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties.
Specifically, we make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure or error-free basis. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Website without notice.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Website, or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website.
You agree, at your sole expense, to defend, indemnify and hold us, our independent contractors, service providers and consultants, and their respective directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any and all actual or threatened legal actions, claims, damages, payments, deficiencies or liabilities.
The Website is protected by copyright, trademark and other laws of the United Kingdom and foreign countries. Unless otherwise indicated in these Terms, we (or our licensors) exclusively own all right, title and interest in the Website and all associated intellectual property (“IP”). Our IP includes all materials relating to the design and functionality of our Website (including, but not limited to, our logo and all designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software and the selection and arrangement thereof).
Certain links contained in the Website connect to other websites maintained by third parties. The Association has no control over these websites or the information, goods or services provided by such third parties. The Association shall have no liability for any use or reliance of a user on these third party websites.
Any organisation wishing to set up a link to the Website must obtain prior permission from the Association. The existence of a link from any organisation's site to the Website does not imply that the Association endorses the activities or views of that organisation.
Limitation of Liability
We will not be held liable to you for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from:
- your access to or use of, or inability to access or use, the Website;
- any conduct or content of any third party on the Website;
- any content obtained from the Website;
- unauthorised access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed its essential purpose.
If any provision of these Terms is deemed to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in place. Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights or provisions.
These Terms are governed by the laws of England and may not be varied except by agreement in writing. You hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Website. We may revise these Terms from time to time, and we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. By continuing to access or use our Website after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms.
Questions and contact information