Great Oaks Hospice is a charity, based in the Forest of Dean which cares for people at the end of their lives and supports their families, friends and carers. With our dedicated volunteers, and a skilled and committed team of clinical and support staff, we help those living with terminal illness, progressive diseases and potentially life limiting conditions with a clear vision for high quality end of life care to be available to everyone who needs it in the Forest of Dean. We do this by providing care and support in a place of people's choice, with our Hospice at Home service, day hospice, and through a wide range of services and treatments.
Our current Chief Executive Officer is retiring after 5 successful years in post, and we are now looking for her successor to take us to our next stage of development. Supported by a talented and committed Team, the new Chief Executive Officer will build on our success so far; reviewing our strategic direction and developing the strategy and business plans that will ensure we remain fit for the future. The successful candidate’s influencing and ambassadorial skills will enable them to maintain and develop good relations with external stakeholders and manage successful partnerships.
We are seeking an inspirational, astute and experienced leader who can work with the Board of Directors, Senior Management Team, staff and volunteers, our partners, patients and the community.
• Experience of senior management and leadership with a proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire confidence and commitment.
• Passion to make a difference and support the values of Great Oaks Hospice which are excellence, accountability, positivity and compassion.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders as well as undertaking public speaking.
• Decisive, tactful and calm under pressure with high levels of emotional intelligence.
• Commercial awareness and the ability to identify and evaluate different projects which fit with our stated charity objectives.
• Proven ability to develop and deliver strategic plans that reflect and support the objectives of Great Oaks Hospice and those of relevant stakeholders.
• Ability to work collaboratively at all levels, with the Board of Directors, Senior Management Team, other Hospices in Gloucestershire and stakeholders to continuously improve palliative care services for patients and their families, responding to changing community needs and patient requirement.
• Demonstrable experience of managing change effectively and efficiently.
• Will work with the Board of Directors to ensure the organisation fulfils its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities, including both corporate and clinical governance.
• Strong financial planning, budgeting and reporting skills and experience.
• Experience of securing funding and maximising income from a wide range of sources including from our 7 shops.
• Knowledge of current health/social care policies and practices and regulation of clinical services is highly desirable.
• Clinical background desirable but not essential
To be considered for the position of Chief Executive you will need you to:
Complete an application form which can be found on our website www.great-oaks.org.uk. You will also find the Job Description on our Website.
Send your completed application to email@example.com along with a brief covering letter and a video presentation (3-5 mins approx.) to answer the following question:-
Having seen the Advert and the Job Description, what key skills, experience and personal attributes do you think you can bring to the role?
Closing date for applications: 8th July 2021
Interview Date: 16th July 2021
The NAHH have an opening for a new Trustee to join the team.
We recognise the importance of a broad range of skills and experience, to ensure that our Trustee Board can support our members in the most effective and appropriate way possible.
Do you have experience in fundraising, social media or a treasurer role then this might be a position for you.
If you feel you have the time, relevant skills and enthusiasm to offer, why not get in touch for an informal chat with one of our Board Members.
Feel free to email NAHH@compleatconference.co.uk
The National Association for Hospice at Home accept no responsibility for the content of any advertisement published on their website.
Readers should note that the inclusion of any advertisement in no way implies approval or recommendation by the National Association for Hospice at Home.Back